Tuesday, November 3, 2015

MORE July 27, 2015

Daddy!!!

  Iºm in a strange land where I donºt understand the language! I have just been transported back to my first transfers, haha. The crioule here is the hardest crioule in Cabo Verde and Iºve only been on islands that speak Bidyu (there are 2 types: bidyu and sanpajud, both of those were spelled incorrectly, fyi, aahaha) and now I am trying to understand the other one. Haha, it is great though, I canºt still handle myself easily enough though. 
  I am ABSOLUTELY LOVING it here!!!!!! I absolutely loved my old area but this area just canºt be beat!!! It is so different and so beautiful! Well, to answer your question... everything is different about this island! It is going to be getting real green when the rain comes here shortly. Boa Vista has peoples from all over africa but Santo Antao is just people from Santo Antao (there are very few jews and muslims here though) The church is basically the same island to island in regards to the way they believe, haha, but they are so different at the same time. 
  I am working with a branch that has about 20 people and is really struggling but the people are super awesome. My companion is super awesome as well! He is just getting out of training and has a good desire to work and is humble enough to learn the large amount he still has to learn. His name is Elder Karl and he is from Canada. Yes, he does say ºehº a lot, haha. But even though we have sooo much work ahead of us here in this area we are so grateful for the Lordºs loving guidance, eh?
  I was just reading in the war chapters of Alma and in Alma 56:27 I was instantely reminded of you, Dad. You are my support, the reason Iºm still going. I am not afraid in this battle against evil, why? because of my parents examples. I know you know that God exists and he will protect our family. It is hard to see siblings break off from the righteous traditions of their fathers but the modern prophets have taught us the sealing power due to righteous parents is stronger than we can now comprehend. I love you sooooo much and pray for you constantly! Haha, the Lordºs will is always done and it is always a good will, well, actually a perfect will, haha. Love you!!!

ELder Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment