Monday, October 26, 2015

April 13, 2015

Dear Mother,
  I first off just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your concern and your prayers. I have felt more spiritual strength than I ever have before, perhaps even in my entire life. I have been SOO incredibly happy this past week! It has been great! 
  Right now I am actually in Praia... just found out my companion has to get a root canal procedure done on two teeth... ouch! He doesn't know what a root canal is so I had to tell him that it will probably hurt a little. Yeah, we thought we'd just be here a day but it looks like will be here for at least a week.
  Boa Vista has some really good grocery stores, they even have shaving cream here! I've just been using ''some water on the face'' technique for the past while, haha. I've been eating a lot healthier to be honest (the picture I sent you is me in Tarrafal... I was barely puffing out, serious!) 
  Yeah, I love my companion! He is such a funny guy, basically all cape verdeans are really funny. Sometimes I lose my patience with him but it isn't because of him it is because of me. He has such a pure heart though.
  I haven't gotten the package you've sent yet but I will one day, haha. You don't need to worry about me, mother, I'm 19 years old. Today I wasn't even afraid to ask for directions when we were lost in Praia, haha, because I'm a big boy now.
  I've lost my voice because my companion loves singing and so we have been nonstop singing for the past few days. I'm dead serious when I say I've lost my voice. (it makes me smile everytime because my companion is tone-deaf, haha.)
  Love you all so very much!
Elder Judd



No comments:

Post a Comment